The Women Media Centre’s mission is multidimensional;
- To provide professional environment and to increase women’s participation in the mainstream media through training, research and education.
- To improve women’s status by means of promoting socially conscious programs on television, video and radio to raise awareness.
- To raise awareness of civic issues from perspective of Pakistani women.
- Work with Pakistani Universities, Mass Communication departments on practical platform for aspiring women journalists in the shape of training programs development syllabus and new courses, encompassing technical area of mass communication with the objective to develop women journalist.
- Provide empowerment training, promote media freedom. And to address the entry barriers confronted by women journalists.
- Networking in its own database with institution involved in promoting awareness and media in particular especially in Pakistan and whole South Asia.
- Provide a gateway for the media industry to address the issues like scarcity of women journalists and services.